Walking Out The Door

Today I'm posting not on new music, but on old music. Because it's also important that we remember good stuff from the past. Now this song right here was released back in 2003, when Madonna was singin' about American life and Beyoncé was crazy in love with her baby boy... Actress Taryn Manning joined with her brother Kellin to form the Alternative Pop band Boomkat. They had their first (and only so far) hit with The Wreckoning. The song is about a relationship gone bad from the girl's point of view (Taryn repeatadly sings You don't give a shit about me throughout the song. Due to Parental Advisory issues, in the video and radio version of the song, shit is replaced by damn.). The video is set on a dumpster (right?) and features Taryn (more than her brother) on several dress changes. I totally love the song, and it gives me a I-Can-Punch-Them-All-Feeling. And I also felt really lucky when I purchased the CD Single. Not only because it's one of the best CD Singles out there (the exclusive Rockin With The Best track is amazing!), but also because I somehow found it on a store (it was the only copy!), please keep in mind that Portugal doesn't commercialize CD Singles but only full albums! Anyway, it's time for the wreckoning... Enjoy!

Boomkat - The Wreckoning

Lyrics
Buy it
MP3

Friday, January 12, 2007

0 Comments: