Bird Flu

The first video I saw by M.I.A. was Galang I think, and for months I was thinking M.I.A. was a group consisting of two girls. A bit like Nina Sky. Couldn't be more wrong. Rapper and singer Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam hit it big with her second album Arular released back in 2005 with a lot of grime, hip-hop, ragga, dancehall, electro, reggaeton and baile funk in it. Then I heard a lot of her music through remixes and mash-ups (including the official Richard X Remix of Ciara's Goodies) and I can tell M.I.A. is one of the best artists out there. Quality is probably what better defines her. And now in 2007 she's set to release a new album intitled Power Power, with first single Bird Flu. The video was released some days ago, and it looks really good with a lot of birds (well, chicken actually) in it :D Enjoy!

M.I.A. - Bird Flu

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

0 Comments: