Mandy Moore - "In My Pocket"

Back in 2001, when pop was in it's peak and acts like Britney Spears, N'Sync and Jessica Simpson were selling records after records, Mandy Moore released her third album and single In My Pocket was premiered on TRL if I recall. Although she changed her style from bubblegum pop to a more risqué style to keep up with the competition, the track completely flopped peaking only at number 140 on the US (although it reached number 11 in Australia). I remember it had heavy rotation on MTV Europe, but still, it didn't sold much. I personally consider this song one of Pop's finest moments although it is still underrated. Second single Crush was a moderate hit on radios, and was a favourite on MTV's TRL. Mandy pushed her music career to a second plan focusing on her acting. She will know release a new album after a 4 year absence, pursuing a more rock/indie sound which we can compare with Michelle Branch or Liz Phair.

Mandy Moore - In My Pocket

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

0 Comments: