Cause I Got You

Akon's new video for his third effort from second album Konvicted has just been premiered through MTV's TRL. In this one, Akon doesn't smack that nor wants to fuck love you. Instead he takes a ride (through Africa?) with his girl, singin'
(...)it don't matter no
Cause I got you babe
very happily. The girl is credited in the video for singing the Cause I got you babe line throughout the song. I'm almost positive it is some sample like Mr. Lonely was... Anyway, I'm not much a fan of Mr. Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam (yes, that's his full real name), I think he's way too overrated, I don't feel his hits Lonely, Smack That or I Wanna Love You have the quality they are believed to have. Now, this new single is a better thing from him, although after hearing it for the third time you get really tired of his voice... And quite frankly, I don't think the "jungle remix" in the end of the video helps... Bonanza is so last year...

Akon - Don't Matter

Thursday, February 08, 2007

0 Comments: