Da1000's European Tour : Portugal

Since today and until the end of the year, I'm going on an European tour. Each day I'll present you a cool singer, song, or video of each country. And I'm kicking off the tour on my homeland, Portugal. For Portugal I've chosen singer/actress Lúcia Moniz. You may remember her from the 2003 motion picture Love Actually, where she starred as Aurelia. Lúcia has a career of both music and TV series over here, and she released her latest album Leva-me P'ra Casa (Take Me Home in english) just last year. Her first album Magnolia was released back in 1999, three years after she scored the 6th position on the 1996 Eurovision Song Contest, and features the song I've chosen for my European Tour. Try Again is a duet between Lúcia and Nuno Bettencourt. Nuno has been quite busy in the US. In 1991 his band Extreme reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with their ballad More Than Words, after some bands he started, he is also presently the lead guitarist for The Satellite Party which Jane's Addiction's former front man and Lollapalooza co-founder Perry Farrell started. Also Bettencourt provided the guitar solo on Janet Jackson's song Black Cat. So I think that was a clever choice for Lúcia to work with. Also the video for Try Again is quite great, possibly one of the best Portuguese videos ever. Enjoy and meet me tomorrow on another european country!

Lúcia Moniz & Nuno Bettencourt - Try Again

Saturday, December 16, 2006

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

This song is great, and the voices are so beautiful.