Stop! Give Me a Beat!

I first met the work of Ms Jackson back in 1997 with her track Together Again, but as I was still very young (and the Spice Girls craze was on), I quickly forgot about her... Then in 2001 (my MTV wonder year), with the release of All For You, I got to know her whole portfolio, and she became instantly one of my favourites. I was loving That's The Way Love Goes, Nasty, If, Runaway, Got 'Til It's Gone, The Pleasure Principle, Miss You Much, What Have You Done For Me Lately, and the best video I've seen so far Rhythm Nation. After I got my copy of the All For You album, I got the chance to also get the Janet. album. I can't believe I didn't knew this album for so far. What a master piece! It's not actually the Janet album I wanted. I'm looking after Rhythm Nation 1814, but it's quite impossible to find it in this country... Anyway, after her "wardrobe malfunction", her follow up albums were not this good. Not because of the super bowl incident (all that national scandal was quite stupid), but the Damita Jo album didn't had the flow of her previous. 20 Y.O. though has a lot of flow, but unfortunatly it's not running the charts so good, So Excited is a great track paying tribute to her 80's sound. So, paying tribute to Janet's career today, here's the Rhythm Nation 1814 Film...


Part 1




Part 2




Part 3



But if you're into just listening instead...



Rhythm Nation


Miss You Much

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

0 Comments: